Chinese Kale and Oyster Congee
(by courtesy of Department of Dietetics, Queen Mary Hospital)
Ingredients (2servings, 300kcal)
Cooked rice 1 1/2bowl
Chinese kale 200g
Mini oysters 100g
Fresh beancurd sheet 2pcs
Minced ginger 2tbsps
White pepper 1pinch
- Rinse ingredients and drain.
- Rub mini oysters with flour, then rinse and drain.
- Dice Chinese kale and fresh beancurd sheet.
- Soak stockfish in water for 10 minutes and dice.
- Heat oil in wok, saute minced ginger until fragrant. Stir in and fry with Chinese kale.
- Add in white rice, broth and water, cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Then add mini oysters, stockfish and fresh beancurd sheet. Season with white pepper after it comes to a boil.
Dark green vegetables such as Chinese kale, Choy Cum, Bok Choy and broccoli are high in calcium. They can help vegans or those who consume very little dairy products to increase their calcium intake.